Vodafone has just launched a new phone in the UK and it’s not the typical phone we’ve come to expect. This time it’s a feature phone that features heavy Facebook integration – and by heavy we mean heavy. On the surface it looks a lot like the HTC ChaCha – a candy bar shaped phone that features a dedicated Facebook button. Except in this phone, known as the Blue 555, the dedicated Facebook button isn’t sticking out like a sore thumb on the device.
The phone doesn’t run Android, but a proprietary operating system that has Facebook built into everything. Users can update their statuses from the homescreen itself, access their news feed and messages through shortcuts, and even upload photographs onto the service (it comes with a 2-megapixel rear camera). Unfortunately the phone doesn’t pack 3G or even WiFi – forcing its users to rely at crawling EDGE speeds.
While we’ll probably never see the Vodafone Blue 555 reach our shores, it does tell us that it’s not going to be the last of such devices available on the market. Other similarly designed/spec’d Facebook feature phones will probably be arriving all over the world in the near future.RELATED
- KitKat Now Part Of Android Distribution Stats
- Mysterious LG D830 Shows Up In User Agent Profile
- Windows Phone Takes 10% Of European Smartphone Market Share
- BenQ Enters The Smartphone Market Once Again
- Moto X Cyber Monday Deal Crashes Motorola's Website
- Follow: Facebook, feature phone, vodafone,
- Seen at: recombu