If you are as excited about car leaks as we are about computer and phone leaks, then you will be excited to know that photos of the upcoming 2012 Porsche 911 991 series has been leaked online, a few weeks prior to its unveiling at IAA 2011 which will be held in Frankfurt next month.
It has undergone a redesign, but at the same time it managed to keep the classic Porsche look, but overall it appears that car looks a lot more sleek, not to mention with the changes in its tail lights which are narrower, giving it a slightly more edgy look. The car is reportedly slightly longer than its predecessor by 56mm, making the total length 4.49 meters, with its wheelbase also said to see a 10mm growth as well.
With the slow, albeit steady, increase in consumer interest in hybrid cars and electric vehicles, and with a lot of emphasis being placed on fuel economization, it seems that Porsche will be introducing a new direct injection fuel system and start and stop (shuts down the internal combustion engine to reduce time spent idling i.e. during traffic jams or at traffic lights) which promises to improve fuel economy by as much as 12%.
So, who has plans to get the new 2012 Porsche when it is released?
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked