Apple seems to be on a roll lately with all these new lawsuits popping up. Their currently legal battle against Samsung over patent infringement has led to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 having its sales halted in both Australia and the EU (with the exception of the Netherlands, who is reportedly next on the list). Now it seems that Apple has a new target in sight and this time they are reportedly suing Motorola and JAY-tech over their designs.
The complaint is pretty much similar to the case with Samsung, with Apple claiming that the Xoom tablet looks like the iPad, which is arguable, while JAY-tech’s design can be said to be almost similar with an Apple-style interface. No word on what Apple wants to be done although it’s not a stretch to say that they are probably aiming for an injunction as well.
It is said that in German courts, complaints such as these are often denied especially if too much time has passed, and given that the Xoom was released 6 months ago, Apple may not have much luck there.
Does anyone think that perhaps Apple is taking this a little too far, or do you think that their actions are justified?
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2013-08-20 Motorola Loses Xoom Branding And Court Case
- 2012-02-03 German court grants Motorola injunction against Apple's iCloud and MobileMe push email service and client devices (Update: Apple to appeal)
- 2011-11-18 Motorola accused of allegedly stealing geolocation code from Lemko
- 2011-10-07 Motorola faces patent lawsuit from Intellectual Ventures
- 2011-09-23 Motorola wants to keep the lawsuit with Apple going