While BlackBerry Torch 9860 was announced yesterday by RIM, the company didn’t give a date to when the phone will go on sale. But now, thanks to the folks at Carphone Warehouse, a UK phone retailer, we have an idea to when the phone will arrive in the UK. According to the interest registration page, the BlackBerry Torch 9860 is expected to arrive in August 2011, though there is an asterisk stating that dates are subject to change – it’s better than having no date at all.
With the BlackBerry Bold 9900 also expected to arrive this month as well, consumers will have two devices to choose from if they want to get a new BlackBerry phone. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen a new device from RIM, and these new BlackBerry phones could help the company recover from its slump. Let’s hope Carphone Warehouse has got the dates right – keep those fingers crossed.
Thanks to Carly Page of SoMobile for the tip!
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2011-08-10: New BlackBerry release dates confirmed by Rogers
- 2011-08-03: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, BlackBerry Torch 9810, BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 officially announced
- 2011-03-22: BlackBerry PlayBook up for pre-order today
- 2011-03-15: BlackBerry Social Platform goes public
- 2011-03-04: BlackBerry PlayBook to arrive before Q1 ends?