You know that the Android operating system has got a good thing going for it, what with a gazillion tablets running on Google’s mobile OS. Well, there is more to it than meets the eye, with this Android-powered robot tank. Tamlyn is the device’s creator, where the only things you need would be an Android smartphone (obviously) as well as an IOIO board which will hook up the phone to the tank over USB.
Taking the road less traveled by skipping what most people would use, Arduino, Tamlyn relied on an IOIO board for the following reasons – pure Java API, built-in USB, as well as cheaper and more IO pins than necessary. Owners of the Nexus One or HTC Desire will be pleased to know that this DIY Android-powered tank works perfectly, although it has yet to be tested with other Android phones.
This seems to be an interesting weekend project to get involved in, especially if you want to startle your pooch or cat with this BB-gun equipped robot tank.RELATED
- Eye-Fi Windows Desktop Receiver Does Away With Need For SD Card Reader
- Foxconn Reportedly Looking To Invest In Wearable Tech
- Microsoft Research: We're Not Working On A Smart Bra
- MIT’s 3D Motion Tracking System Gets “X-Ray” Vision
- Printvid Brings Four-Dimensional Video Prints
- Follow: Android, diy, tank,
- Seen at: electricpig