This article was filed in and was tagged with demo and onlive.
GameSpothas just announced today the launch of its new on-demand, instant-play game demos service. Kicking off today, users will be able to start playing video game demos on their PCs just by following a link from the GameSpot review page of the game. The demos will be powered by the popular cloud streaming video game service, OnLive, that has been providing gamers with access to full games over a computer or console with an internet connection for some time now.GameSpot’s demo service is now currently for nearly 100 games, with more to come. Users satisfied with the demo experience can then choose to directly purchase the games on OnLive if they choose to do so, making it an extremely convenient way to try and buy new games. Sounds like a great idea instead of spending time downloading a huge demo that isn’t up to your expectations, and feeling like you’ve wasted your time. This instant streaming service ensures that doesn’t happen. Head over to Gamespot’s website and give it a shot now. At the moment, Red Faction: Armageddon and Homefront have demos available.
- 2012-11-15: LG G2 Series HDTV gets OnLive Cloud Gaming
- 2012-08-19: OnLive to continue operations under new management [official]
- 2012-08-19: OnLive Game Streaming Company Goes Under
- 2012-07-27: OnLive will be available on OUYA at launch
- 2012-07-17: OnLive Universal Controller to support Nexus 7 tablet soon