A while back we mentioned that non-developer devices that were running on iOS 5 would be disabled by Apple due to them not having the proper authorization. While we can’t confirm that there have been many cases of devices being disabled due to unauthorized use of iOS 5, if you are such a user, it appears that the jailbreak for iOS 5 beta 5 has already been released.
Jailbreaking tool redsn0w has ben updated to version 0.9.8b5 and will support the iPod touch third gen, iPod touch fourth gen, iPad 1, iPhone 3GS and the GSM version of the iPhone 4. At the moment it appears the jailbreak is only for tethered devices which isn’t that really a big of a deal.
Next Story: Tecmo Koei Champion Jockey looks ridiculous
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2012-05-11: Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 now available, allows firmware downgrade
- 2012-05-10: Upcoming redsn0w release will allow you to downgrade your iOS for untethered jailbreaks
- 2012-05-08: iOS 5.1.1 Redsn0w jailbreak now available
- 2012-03-08: iOS 5.1 tethered jailbreak now available
- 2011-12-09: Redsn0w for Windows and Mac OS X confirmed