If you’re in charge of a country that has a major issue with following the road rules, especially when it comes to parking what do you do? Issue tickets that people can just pay off and continue breaking the law? Well, if you want to take things up a notch, you can always give the public a demonstration to remember – and that’s what the mayor of Vilnius, capital city of Lithuania; Arturos Zuokas did.
He held a public demonstration where he rode a tank over an illegally parked car and announced, “That’s what will happen if you park your car illegally!” While the demonstration was clearly staged, it does show how serious the mayor is when it comes to dealing with people who think they are above the law. Now that is one guy we don’t want to cross paths with on a bad day. Check out the video demonstration after the break:
- 2013-03-01: FCC Chairman Vows To Investigate U.S. Cellphone Unlocking Ban
- 2013-02-28: Comcast Offers Glimpse Into Copyright Alert System Messages
- 2013-02-26: ISPs Adopt Alert System To Warn Users of Illegal Downloads
- 2012-02-27: Hybrid US Army tank revealed
- 2011-10-28: Modern Warfare 3 gets pirated, Activision dishes out fines of $5,000
- 2011-10-14: Criminals find use for 3D printers