The Samsung Series 7 CHRONOS isn’t the only Series 7 computer the company has decided to unveil today. It has been reported that Samsung has another Series 7 device up its sleeves, and this time it’s in the form of a Windows 7-based tablet called the Series 7 Slate PC. Featuring an 11.6” display, this tablet will be powered by either an Intel Pentium, Core i3 or Core i5 processor. The tablet will pack up to 4GB of RAM, a 32 or 64GB SSD, connectivity options like WiFi, WiMAX, HSPA+, Bluetooth 3.0, USB, Ethernet and HDMI output. The Series 7 Slate PC will also pack a microSD card slot, a 3-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front facing camera. With a rated battery life of up to 7 hours, and Windows 7 installed on the tablet (that’s a lot of 7s there), it’s not too bad for an Intel-based Windows tablet.
The tablet will also be bundled with a Wacom stylus, which should make navigating the OS and make handwritten input and drawings a breeze. The tablet will also work with a dock, that when paired up with an external keyboard turns it into a laptop-like device. The Series 7 Slate PC will be out later this year, with prices starting from about $1,099. Check out a video demonstration from LaptopMag:
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2013-12-05: Samsung Prepares SM-W750V Windows Phone 8 Smartphone Release For 2014
- 2013-03-15: Samsung's CEO Thinks There's "Lackluster Demand" For Windows Products
- 2012-07-09: Samsung working on Windows RT tablet?
- 2011-10-31: Samsung Omnia W arriving in December
- 2011-09-26: Samsung Omnia W smartphone announced, headed for Italy