As if Facebook doesn’t already know enough about you, it looks like the service has plans to store your whole life on its service. Facebook unveiled at the f8 developer conference today, a new format for profiles called Timeline. It is designed to keep your friends informed about your recent activities as well as all the things that have happened to you in the past (should you choose to fill it up with information of course). With Facebook Timeline, users can fill up their profiles with photographs and content from the past, in a chronological order.
If you have tons of videos and photographs of yourself when you were younger, you’ll be able to upload them according to year. Friends or people who are allowed access to your profile can easily go through your life history using intuitively designed controls that should make navigating Timelines a breeze. Users can also control the privacy of different sections of the timeline so strangers won’t have access to private events or memories.
Judging by the introduction video and the accompanying webpage, Timeline looks like a great feature that anybody who loves collecting memories will enjoy. Not to mention, the benefits of Facebook being in the cloud means you won’t have to worry about your scrapbooks getting damaged or destroyed if you did your own timeline traditionally. Facebook plans to start rolling out Timeline over the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for it. If you’d like to find out more, head here or check out the Timeline demonstration video. How many of you can see yourself archiving your whole life with Timeline?
- 2014-04-24 The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies Announced
- 2014-04-24 Facebook Acquires Company Behind "Moves" Fitness And Activity Tracker App
- 2014-04-24 Facebook Launches Newswire To Deliver Breaking News
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Achieves 1 Billion Mobile Users Each Month
- 2013-04-14 Facebook Timeline Designer Nicholas Felton Leaves The Company
- 2013-03-01 Facebook Tests New Timeline Designs, 'Like Page' Button
- 2012-11-08 Facebook Just Made The Best Couples Scrapbook
- 2012-10-31 Facebook May Be Ditching The Two-Column Timeline Design
- 2012-08-14 Facebook has new "Expecting a Baby" Timeline event