Great news old school gamers – if you remember the classic arcade game, Frogger – you’ll be pleased to know that Konami has decided to celebrate its 30th anniversary by releasing a brand new, updated version of the game. This time, instead of spending quarters at arcades, you’ll be able to play it everywhere you go with your iOS device. But they didn’t just port over the original 8-bit game to the iOS platform, they’ve recreated the game with brand new, graphics, animation and music.
Called Frogger Decades, it features gameplay similar to the original road-crossing game with additional challenges. The game has 10 levels and a several different modes including Time Attack for folks who’ve completed the story level and are looking for a new challenge. Frogger can be controlled using a virtual D-Pad or via gestures, so that adds a new element to the game. You can even zoom in and out using pinch gestures to scope the level better.
Featuring support for Game Center and Open Feint leaderboards, folks will be busy trying to unlock all the achievements as well. Frogger Decades is available now from the Apple App Store with a launch price of $1.99.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Kitestring App Aims To Help You Get Home Safe
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2011-11-22: Chrono Trigger coming to iOS in December
- 2011-10-18: Infinity Blade coming to arcades soon
- 2011-09-27: I Heart Jellyfish iOS game teaches you how to control your heartbeat
- 2011-06-24: ExEn ports XNA games over to iOS
- 2011-03-31: Hasbro MY3D available April 3