Google Wallet is set to launch later today – at least according to the folks at Tech Crunch who managed to get their hands on a screenshot of an internal document that’s been passed around to stores nationwide. The document clearly states that “Google Wallet is launching September 19, 2011.” which is today. No word on whether there’s going to be an event in commemoration of the launch, or just an announcement on the official site.
But with the only thing leading up to this hype was a funny video released last month and only one phone capable of using the NFC service (the Nexus S) – things aren’t looking too good for now. But we’ve heard about Google releasing NFC stickers for non-NFC capable phones, so we’ll just have to see how it goes. How many of you are excited about Google Wallet launching?
Next Story: 6ft tall Tetris game controlled with DDR mats
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2011-12-09 Google Wallet to go on trial during London 2012 Olympics
- 2011-12-06 Google confirms no Google Wallet for Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-10-31 Google Wallet demonstrations coming to a city near you
- 2011-10-17 Google Wallet now has featured offers
- 2011-09-21 Google Wallet still not available to everyone