If you’re a HTC Thunderbolt owner who was looking forward to the Android Gingerbread 2.3 update for your device, it looks like you’re in for bad news, or good news depending on how you look at it. It appears that the Gingerbread update that has been rolled out to several Thunderbolt owners have been reported to be rather buggy, thus causing Verizon to suspend the update for now.
According to Verizon they are aware of the issue and had this to say:
“It has come to the attention of Verizon Wireless and HTC that customers using the Thunderbolt by HTC have experienced a voicemail notification error with the recent software update. As a result, the update has been temporarily suspended while the companies work together to resolve the issue. Verizon Wireless and HTC anticipate the update being available soon; customers will be notified directly on their devices when it is ready for download.”
Apart from the voicemail notification error, it seems that there are complaints about issues over the camera, locking, Google Talk, clock app and even HTC’s own UI – Sense. No word on when a new update is expected to roll out, but if you get the notification asking you to update, it looks like you’d be better off running on Froyo 2.2, at least for now until Verizon has officially released a fix.
Next Story: Harman Kardon MS 150 speaker system for iOS
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2011-10-17 HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-08-31 HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-08-17 New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked
- 2011-08-04 HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update to arrive this quarter?
- 2011-04-11 Gingerbread coming to ThunderBolt and EVO 4G