Wait, when did China get their hands on the Nokia N9? Nope, if you thought that was the Nokia N9, you can’t be blamed as it does look rather convincing upon first glance, especially with that garish magenta, which is one of the colors available for the actual Nokia N9 (along with black and turquoise).
The device is apparently a knockoff and is attempting to attract those who may purchase it thinking it is the Nokia N9. It has been reported to come priced at just $64 and it is unknown what platform it is running on. However it seems to come with a variety of themes that mimic a variety of platforms and popular user interfaces, such as MeeGo, iOS, HTC Sense, Symbian, Windows Phone 7, Blackberry and even Samsung’s TouchWiz UI.
In terms of hardware, processor, RAM and ROM remain a mystery but it does come with dual SIM slots, a 3.8” WQVGA 240×400 resistive touch screen display along with a 1.3MP front and rear-facing cameras. According to M.I.C Gadget, the device was supposedly available on Taobao, which is China’s answer to eBay, but at the time of reporting it appears that the item has been removed from the site.
- 2014-04-08: China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2014-04-04: iPhone Demand In China Waning In Face Of Local Competition
- 2014-03-26: Octa-Core HTC Desire 616 Photo Revealed
- 2014-03-21: Trip To China: Smog Insurance Now Available
- 2014-03-20: China Mobile Sold Over 1m iPhones In February
- 2012-07-11: Samsung Galaxy S3 knockoff looks like the real thing
- 2011-11-10: Knock off Smart Cover only costs $6
- 2011-10-28: MacBook Air clone looks pretty convincing
- 2011-10-26: Gooapple V5 caught on video
- 2011-10-18: HDC Sensation is a convincing HTC Sensation knock off