KDDI, one of the carriers in Japan, has recently unveiled their upcoming Winter lineup for phones. Some of the devices are feature phones, but some are smartphones, much like the Kyocera Digno ISW11K. The device was created specifically for the younger generation in mind, although we don’t see in what way it was done so – price point perhaps?
Either way, the device will run on a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 2GB of internal storage. It will also sport a 4” AMOLED display with a resolution of 480×800. It will also come with an 8MP camera along with a front facing camera, GPS, earthquake warning, mobile wallet, and much like the rest of Japanese phones, it will feature a One Seg digital TV tuner. It has been advertised as waterproof and has been built to IPX5/7 standards. It will also come with Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.5 on board. Not too shabby, isn’t it? We’re thinking that there are probably some in the US who wouldn’t mind getting their hands on this handset.
- 2014-02-27: KDDI Introduces On-Demand Gaming Service
- 2013-10-07: KDDI Winter Smartphone Range Sees LG isai, Fujitsu Arrows Z, Kyocera Digno M, And Sharp Aquos Series Debut
- 2013-06-28: Japan's KDDI Smart Pass App Subscription Service Is A Hit
- 2013-05-14: Sony SOL22 Gains FCC Approval For AU By KDDI
- 2013-04-29: iPhone 5S Spotted In Leaked KDDI Documents
- 2012-01-23: KDDI pushes ads onto Android devices
- 2011-12-02: NEC announced waterproof Medias PP N-01D Android smartphone
- 2011-11-25: Sharp Aquos SH-01D will arrive in Japan first, US later
- 2011-11-22: Square Enix Market to launch in Japan
- 2011-11-11: Sharp Aquos SH-01D makes a pit stop at the FCC