If you’re in the market for a smartphone featuring a physical QWERTY slideout keyboard, the good news is that Virgin Mobile has just announced the LG Optimus Slider, which as the name implies, is a smartphone that will sport a slideout keyboard, which we think will be great especially if you send out a lot of text messages/emails.
It’s not exactly the most powerful of Android handsets currently available, but it looks like it could get the job done. It will sport a 3.2” HVGA display, a 3.2MP camera, a microSD card slot that will support an additional 32GB of storage and will run on Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.
The handset will also come with Virgin Mobile’s Live 2.0 social networking app, which not only provides users access to Virgin Mobile’s music stream, but will also synchronize your status updates with your Facebook and Twitter accounts. It is expected to retail for $200 and will be made available 31st October at Best Buy and Radio Shack, 6th November at Target and 13th November at Sprint stores.RELATED
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Analyst Thinks Cost Is Why BlackBerry Can't Shut Down Its Ailing Hardware Division
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Follow: Android, gingerbread, LG, qwerty keyboard, Sprint, virgin mobile,
- Seen at: virginmobileusa.marketwire