Back in early August we reported that some of Sprint’s upcoming handsets had been leaked in name, and one of those devices was the Motorola Admiral, whose photos and specs have just surfaced.
Do not expect to be blown away by its specs as we’re guessing this device is aimed to kick start Sprint’s Direct Connect service, but for those on the lookout for an Android device with a physical keyboard, this is something you could consider.
It will be running on a 1.2GHz single-core processor, a 3.1” VGA touch screen, a 5MP camera that is capable of recording 720p video, CDMA-based Direct Connect capabilities, and it will be featuring Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 platform. According to the leaked photo above, it appears that the Admiral has been built to military specifications that makes it capable of resisting water and withstanding dust, shock, vibration, solar radiation, low pressures and high/low temperatures.
No word on pricing or availability, but given its Direct Connect capabilities and its ruggedness, it appears that the Motorola Admiral is targeted at a rather niche audience.RELATED
- Verizon Galaxy Note 3 OTA Update Rolling Out
- Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Crystal Edition Hits Thailand
- Viber Offers Phone Call Capability Now
- Follow: Android, gingerbread, leak, Motorola, push to talk, qwerty keyboard, rugged, Sprint,
- Seen at: intomobile