The HTC ChaCha is an Android device that made its way onto AT&T’s network. Given how big social networking is at the moment, it was probably understandable for HTC to push out a Facebook specific device, and now it looks like Motorola has decided to enter the fray with their EX225 Facebook handset.
Unfortunately unlike the HTC ChaCha, the Motorola EX225 does not run on Android, or at least it does not appear to. It seems that no Android buttons can be found on the device, which led to speculation that perhaps it is instead running on Brew. It supposedly sports a 2.4” LCD display, a 3MP camera, a QWERTY keyboard layout reminiscent of Blackberry devices and of course let’s forget – a Facebook button along with a Facebook integrated UI.
No word on how much it will cost or when it is expected to be made available, but with earlier rumors that AT&T may be dropping the HTC ChaCha from their list (which we’re guessing might be due to lack of public interest), is anyone out there really that excited at the possibility of another Facebook device, let alone one that isn’t even running on one of the more popular smartphone platforms, such as Android?
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-01-21 Facebook News Feed Favors Friends & Pages Vs. Memes
- 2013-03-01 Facebook Tests New Timeline Designs, 'Like Page' Button
- 2013-01-15 Facebook Graph Search: A Great Strategic Move
- 2012-11-26 Facebook Privacy Message Is Pointless. Stop Posting
- 2011-11-17 Motokey Launches in Canada Next week