Update @ 9.47am PST: PSN is still not working, with repeated tweets of “PSN is currently down. We are working on bringing the service back up asap. we’ll keep you updated.” It is nearly an hour already – is it time to panic?
It is barely five minutes ago when the Twitter channel of PlayStation EU tweeted, “We’re aware that PSN is currently unavailable and working with the technicians to find out when it will be restored. Apologies.” Well, hopefully the technicians will be able to figure things out and catch the gremlins behind this particularly niggling issue.
Good luck guys, let us hope that this has nothing to do with another hack, but rather just some internal nuts and bolts that failed to jive together. Is all this business of the PSN failing irking you that you might even consider switching to other online game networks as those offered on the Xbox 360 platform? Heck, even the official blog failed to say anything about the outage, temporary or otherwise. Keep your fingers crossed that it will be resolved sooner rather than later then. Check out the image of the said Tweet right after the jump.
Next Story: iRoom iDock now available
- 2013-12-16: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Being Pulled From PSN, XBLA
- 2013-12-01: PSN Suspends Redemption Of Vouchers
- 2013-11-28: Sony To Switch Off Certain PSN Features Ahead Of PS4 Launch In Europe
- 2013-11-26: Some North American PSN Passwords Reset After ‘Irregular Activity’ Detected
- 2013-11-07: PSN Scheduled Maintenance Occurring For Seven Hours Today
- 2013-09-24: PlayStation Network Maintenance Scheduled For September 25
- 2013-04-11: Ubisoft Announces Flashback Remake For XBLA, PSN
- 2013-03-29: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories Headed To PSN Next Week
- 2013-03-25: DuckTales Remastered Coming To XBLA, PSN, Wii U This Summer