Yesterday we reported that retailers in the US were offering discounts to the BlackBerry PlayBook; well it turns out to be a move by retailers, and not RIM. Like we’re mentioned before, RIM has stated that it will be offering discounts through incentive programs, rebates and deals. RIM has recently issued a statement saying that the official retail price of the BlackBerry PlayBook has not changed, and that it will be launching its own discounts later this fall.
This could possibly mean that the price reductions and rebates from retailers are likely to have an end date and won’t be forever. After all, I don’t see RIM giving out their own discounts in addition to the retailers’ discounts as well. But I could be wrong. Though, just to be safe – if you prefer the price reduction, gift certificates and rebates that are given with the PlayBook right now, you might want to purchase them before RIM brings its own discounts into play.
Next Story: Steampunk inspired Nerf gun
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-12-13: Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-11-21: BlackBerry PlayBook on sale from $199 for a limited time
- 2011-09-26: BlackBerry PlayBook prices drop in the US as well
- 2011-09-23: BlackBerry PlayBook prices drop in Canada