While Star Wars Galaxies is closing down at the end of the year, it looks like it has a successor ready to take its place. Previously it was rumored that Star Wars: The Old Republic would be delayed until next year, but BioWare has just come forward announced a release date for the game and it’s going to be on schedule. The long-awaited Star Wars MMO will released on December 20th in the US and December 22nd in Europe.
Subscription details of the game were also revealed, and SW:TOR will be free for the first 30 days, after that users will be charged $14.99 a month (pretty standard for most MMOs), while there will be slight discounts for buying a few months at a time – $41.97 for three months and $77.94 for six months. Still no word on when the beta will go live, but for folks who pre-order the game, you’ll be able to start a few days before anybody else. Anybody thinks the Force is strong in this one?
Next Story: Mobilize - Live Streaming
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-13: Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19: Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model
- 2013-08-01: Star Wars: The Old Republic Skips On Subscriber Reward Due To "Technical Hurdles"
- 2013-06-06: Star Wars: The Old Republic Asia Pacific Servers Shutting Down In Next Few Months
- 2013-05-22: Knights of the Old Republic May Be Headed To iPad
- 2012-07-31: Star Wars: The Old Republic adds free-to-play option
- 2012-07-10: Star Wars: the Old Republic to offer free trials