There really is no limit to what you can create with LEGO building blocks. From faithful recreations of the Death Star, to life-sized Gears of War Lancer Assault Rifles – there doesn’t seem to be a stone left unturned when it comes to creations made by these colorful bricks from Denmark. But even though everything’s been done – that doesn’t mean each successful new project is any less impressive. A hardcore Battlestar Galactica fan named Gary King recently built a spaceship from the show with a whole lot of LEGO pieces.
Based on the Battlestar Berzerk (that is said to have made a brief appearance in one episode before it was destroyed), the extremely detailed recreation of this floating behemoth too two months to complete, and weighs 54-pounds. It is 73″ long x 24″ wide x 14″ high so you can be sure that it’s not something he’ll be bringing around with him wherever he goes. No word on what he plans to do with it or what his next plans are, but you can enjoy more photographs of the spaceship at Mocpages.com.
- 2014-03-10: Fully Functioning LEGO Keyboard Is The Coolest Thing Ever
- 2014-02-27: LEGO Power Brick Juices Up Your Handset
- 2014-02-25: LEGO The Hobbit Hits The Sony PS3
- 2014-02-17: LEGO Ghostbusters Make Its Mark
- 2014-02-04: UNSC Spirit Of Fire Gets The LEGO Treatment