The Apple iPhone 4S might be doing gangbusters in terms of sales, but that does not mean North America is the center of the universe. There is this thing known as the rest of the world, and in Asia, Android-powered handsets top the smartphone purchase list. This is interesting considering the telecom boom in the emerging markets of the Asia-Pacific is tipped to go forward this year, where the total mobile subscription rate in the region is expected to grow by over 15%. In fact, it is said that the mobile market in the Asia-Pacific region has the potential to grow at more than a 10% rate – for the next couple of years, at least.
Smartphone shipments in this region will also grow by 56% this year, and it goes to show where folks living in emerging Asian markets are placing their priorities. Android-based smartphones will see their market share increase to 52% this year, which is a huge leap compared to just 16% last year.
Tablets are also another strong driver of growth when it comes to Android dominance in the Asian region, especially when you have more and more affordable models hit the market. Recession – what recession?RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- Follow: Android, market share, smartphone,
- Seen at: itbriefing.net