For those of us who are not deaf or hard of hearing, have you ever wondered how is it like to live a silent life? Since a picture speaks a thousand words, just check out the emotion the lady above displayed after she described herself in a short excerpt, “I was born deaf and 8 weeks ago I received a hearing implant. This is the video of them turning it on and me hearing myself for the first time :)”
Technology, when used for good, is clearly something that is heart warming as you can see above. Bear in mind that someone who is born deaf from birth does not mean said person is completely deaf – some folks do retain a certain level of hearing, although with the new implant that the lady above received, she had never been able to perceive such quality levels of audio before in clarity – hence the outpouring of her emotion. I’m sure anyone in her shoes would have felt the same way as well.
Some say that this is a hoax, but why bother to record a fake reaction video to a hearing implant? That would be downright pointless – not to mention tasteless.
- 2014-03-28: Brain Implant Could Help Folks Walk Again
- 2014-03-16: Color Blind Artist 'Hears' What He Sees
- 2014-03-07: Button Press Delivers Instant Orgasm
- 2014-03-07: Boy Hears For First Time Thanks To Brain Implant
- 2014-02-10: Cochlear Implants Does Away With Exterior Hardware
- 2013-11-19: Sign Language Ring Concept Will Help Translate In Realtime
- 2011-10-21: Sprint announces CapTel service for those hard of hearing
- 2011-10-04: Deaf woman hears herself in greater clarity than ever before
- 2011-08-25: Sony UK developing "subtitle glasses" for the deaf
- 2011-03-31: Laser allows deaf to "hear"