When it comes to Garmin, most of us would think of GPS navigational devices, but this time around, the company offers far more than just a navigation device – instead, it wants you to keep your health and fitness on track more than the vehicle you’re driving. The recent announcement of the Garmin FR70 fitness watches that will come in flavors for both genders will allow you to keep track of your workout time, heart rate and calories that are burned, all on your wrist.
ANT+ technology will run the FR70 so that is able to “talk” to compatible devices such as treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines, and who knows – a Segway? If you feel that you would not give up running for anything else in the world, then the FR70 will come with a wireless foot pod that gathers relevant data like speed, distance and cadence during your workout for future review.
If you decide to have the Garmin FR70 work in tandem with the Tanita BC-1000 system, you are also able to keep track of your weight, water levels, body fat and a bunch of other measurements. Expect the Garmin FR70 to arrive in the UK from next month onwards for £129 a pop. [Press Release]
Next Story: See-through panels are the future
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!