When it comes to Garmin, most of us would think of GPS navigational devices, but this time around, the company offers far more than just a navigation device – instead, it wants you to keep your health and fitness on track more than the vehicle you’re driving. The recent announcement of the Garmin FR70 fitness watches that will come in flavors for both genders will allow you to keep track of your workout time, heart rate and calories that are burned, all on your wrist.
ANT+ technology will run the FR70 so that is able to “talk” to compatible devices such as treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines, and who knows – a Segway? If you feel that you would not give up running for anything else in the world, then the FR70 will come with a wireless foot pod that gathers relevant data like speed, distance and cadence during your workout for future review.
If you decide to have the Garmin FR70 work in tandem with the Tanita BC-1000 system, you are also able to keep track of your weight, water levels, body fat and a bunch of other measurements. Expect the Garmin FR70 to arrive in the UK from next month onwards for £129 a pop. [Press Release]
Next Story: See-through panels are the future
- 2014-02-24 Garmin Xperia Edition App's SmartWatch 2 Extension Brings Navigation To Your Wrist
- 2014-02-20 Garmin Reportedly Set To Launch Navigation App For Sony SmartWatch 2
- 2014-01-06 Garmin First nüvi With Wireless Backup Camera
- 2014-01-06 Garmin Launches Dash Cam 10 And 20 With Automatic Incident Detection
- 2014-01-06 Garmin Announces Vívofit, A Stylish And Lightweight Fitness Band