Wish you could see the stars in the sky in the comfort of your bed room without having to replace your roof with glass panels? Well you don’t have to; thanks to the power of technology we can have our very own planetariums without having to resort to such measures. Not to mention having a clear glass roof won’t guarantee stars for you to see every night.
Home planetariums have been around for awhile now, but the folks over at Home Star have decided to take it up a notch with the its R2-D2 Home Star home planetarium that was introduced earlier this year. Firstly, it’s built in the shape of an R2-D2 robot – a classic form factor that will never go out of style and will always be a great conversation starter. Secondly, this home planetarium doesn’t project stars that we see in our own skies. Instead, it’s filled with fictional stars that you won’t be able to identify using your regular constellation guide – it even has a Death Star thrown in for good measure!
It makes use of the same optical projection system used at commercial planetariums and can show about 10,000 stars which should be more than enough to fill your ceiling. The R2-D2 Home Star home planetarium is available now at the Japan Trend Shop for $97.RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Nest Learning Thermostat Receives A Major Update
- Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- Follow: r2 d2, star wars,
- Seen at: diginfo.tv