We all know what a hit the iPhone 5 (now officially known as the iPhone 4S) would be, the question was not whether it would be a hit or not, but rather, just how big of a hit it would end up as. I guess the question has been answered upon hearing that this particular smartphone has already raked up more than a million in orders in pre-sales. Having said that, Apple did not reveal the amount of RAM in the iPhone 4S, which has led to speculation by different groups as to just how much RAM this puppy stores. A couple of unconfirmed reports did point towards 512MB as the limit, similar to what its predecessor, the iPhone 4, carried. This is half of the expected 1GB that most people hoped for, placing it far behind the stakes of RAM where smartphones are concerned when you compare it to other Android-powered handsets.
Who provided this bit of information? An Infinity Blade developer and the website called Appvv, where developers behind Infinity Blade would not be faulted for being familiar with the hardware specifications of the phone since its game will roll out with the honor of being the flagship title. Would you still pick up the iPhone 4S after reading this? And to think having 512MB RAM on my PC just 10 years ago was already considered to be quite a lot.
Next Story: Velocity Micro T408 gets a price cut
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08: Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23: Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2011-10-13: iFixit confirms iPhone 4S has 512MB RAM
- 2011-09-14: Samsung "Green" DDR3 Memory Modules
- 2011-04-25: Kingston HyperX Plug and Play memory announced
- 2011-03-30: Nintendo 3DS Found to Only Have 128MB of RAM
- 2010-09-23: Samsung Begins To Mass Produce 40nm-class 8GB DDR3 Memory For Notebooks