When the Kinect was first released, it was an Xbox-only device, but developers quickly developed unofficial drivers to get it working on the computer, and soon came the onslaught of DIY Kinect-based projects (called “The Kinect Effect” by Microsoft). And in a few days we will be celebrating the first birthday of one of the fastest-selling consumer electronics devices in the world. To commemorate the one year anniversary of the Kinect, Microsoft has announced that it will be launching the Kinect for Windows commercial program early next year.
In case you forgot, Microsoft released the official Kinect SDK for Windows a few months ago, but it was only intended for non-commercial purposes. Well, starting next year it looks like we’ll start to see the Kinect being used in a lot more commercial industries and businesses and possibly revolutionizing the way that they work. Who knows what the future will hold, but we can’t wait to find out.
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 And Xbox One Release Confirmed
- Help This Sheriff Catch Vandals, Get A Free Xbox One
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Follow: kinect, Microsoft, xbox 360,
- Seen at: majornelson