Oops, it looks like Amazon UK may have let slip details of an upcoming set of Logitech speakers even before the company has gone ahead and made an official announcement. The page has since been taken down (feel free to try and access the page), probably thanks to all the buzz surrounding the purported leak which alerted Amazon UK to that little slip up.
Not much is known about the speakers, apart from its Air Speaker name and the fact that it will be using the AirPlay protocol, while providing a hidden dock which can be revealed to dock iOS devices. Pricing was not revealed as well, so apart from a name and some vague marketing fluff (below), we guess the cat wasn’t totally let out of the bag.
- The Logitech Air Speaker with Apple AirPlay technology uses your home Wi-Fi network to stream uncompressed audio from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or laptop.
- Once you’re set up, any iOS device or computer on your Wi-Fi network is instantly connected. So you can stream tunes from your iPad , your friends’ iPhones or your girlfriend’s laptop no pairing required.
- For years, we’ve been building some of your favorite and best sounding speakers and iPod docks. And now, we’ve crafted an AirPlay speaker that looks great in any room and delivers a big soundstage with impressively detailed, stereo sound.
- Your Air Speaker even includes an Apple Dock Connector in a hideaway drawer. Use it to charge your iPad or iPhone when it’s low on power. Or use it to play music from your iPod classic or iPod nano.
We’re guessing that if Amazon is listing this device, even by accident, an official announcement along with specs and more details should be revealed over time. For now this will have to do.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Follow: airplay, Amazon, leak, Logitech, speakers, uk,
- Seen at: gizmodo