Sprint might have a “can do” attitude overall, but there’s one boundary that they won’t overstep – that is, to sell the iPhone 4S with an unlocked microSIM card slot. Basically, Sprint customers who purchase the iPhone 4S are now able to roam worldwide on GSM networks, but they are unable to purchase a handset with unlocked microSIM slots, according to a Sprint representative. Guess that bursts the bubble of those who thought that they might just be able to pop in a local microSIM card whenever they’re in a different country in order to save costs.
I would say that if you want to do that, then you had better stick to Verizon Wireless, hence that might just be able to send more customers Verizon’s way instead of Sprint. Ah well, at least Sprint now supports international roaming on GSM networks as long as you are on the right monthly plan.
Having known this, would you want to still stick to Sprint for the iPhone 4S? I suppose so, if you do not travel overseas often.
Next Story: Siri requires piracy on non-iPhone 4S devices
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2011-11-11: Unlocked iPhone 4S available for sale now
- 2011-11-02: Sprint is taking the iPhone 4S speed issues seriously
- 2011-10-14: iPhones bring "best ever day of sales for a device family" on Sprint
- 2011-09-06: Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-05-13: Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?