Sprint might have a “can do” attitude overall, but there’s one boundary that they won’t overstep – that is, to sell the iPhone 4S with an unlocked microSIM card slot. Basically, Sprint customers who purchase the iPhone 4S are now able to roam worldwide on GSM networks, but they are unable to purchase a handset with unlocked microSIM slots, according to a Sprint representative. Guess that bursts the bubble of those who thought that they might just be able to pop in a local microSIM card whenever they’re in a different country in order to save costs.
I would say that if you want to do that, then you had better stick to Verizon Wireless, hence that might just be able to send more customers Verizon’s way instead of Sprint. Ah well, at least Sprint now supports international roaming on GSM networks as long as you are on the right monthly plan.
Having known this, would you want to still stick to Sprint for the iPhone 4S? I suppose so, if you do not travel overseas often.RELATED
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Follow: Apple Inc, iPhone, iPhone 4S, Sprint, unlocked,
- Seen at: arstechnica