Here is a physical puzzler that might just keep you and the rest of your geeklings happy – it boasts of a modern version of Rubik’s Cube not in terms of concept, but rather, in terms of images used. There is no traditional color scheme here, but rather, the App Cube will use app icons instead. Basically, you will solve this only when each side is filled with icons from the same app, making it harder to solve at the beginning as we have been trained to differentiate the sides using colors instead of app icons.
I guess the frustration that builds up adds to the challenge, and it will also keep puzzle lovers occupied for longer than usual, especially when they are obsessed with mobile devices and the myriad of apps that it comes with. There is no word on pricing and availability as at press time, so it remains to be seen whether this can make it to your Christmas stocking in time or not.
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2013-11-01: Bloc'd Sofa Can Morph Into The Couch You Need At Any Moment
- 2013-07-09: Cube TV Kit Transforms Your Android Tablet Into A Set-Top Box
- 2013-05-07: Staples To Be First Major US Retailer To Offer 3D Printers For Sale
- 2012-05-29: NuForce Cube speakers are tiny at 2-inches
- 2012-04-30: Cube is a Google Maps game
- 2010-12-27: Scruble Cube offers something different for brainiacs
- 2010-04-13: Cube Magic juices up gizmos instead