Speaking at a college campus, EA Games’ president, Frank Gibeau, pretty much confirmed that there will be a Battlefield 4. Naturally with the success of the Battlefield series, along with their competition, Call of Duty, EA Games will without doubt want to extend the life of its franchise further by release a sequel to Battlefield 3, a game who managed to sell five million copies during its first weekend in late October.
However EA has quickly clarified this statement made by Frank Gibeau, stating that the president of EA Games was speaking broadly about the Battlefield brand, as opposed to actually confirming the Battlefield 4 game itself. Interestingly the company did not actually outright deny the possibility of Battlefield 4 itself, which lets us believe that Frank Bibeau’s words could actually hold true. So are there fans of the franchise out there who are excited by this news?
- 2014-04-15: Battlefield 4 "Death Shield" Bug Discovered
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-02: DICE Promises To Fix Battlefield 4's Rubber-Banding Issue
- 2013-03-07: Boy Scouts Introducing Merit Badge For Game Design
- 2012-04-05: The New York Times lets you vent frustration on ads
- 2012-01-05: Qualcomm Snapdragon GameCommand to launch next week
- 2011-12-14: Netherrealm Studios still working on Mortal Kombat after all
- 2011-12-13: Game Strap concept keeps commuters entertained on the way home
- 2011-12-13: Half-Life 3 announcement imminent?
- 2011-05-05: EA: Battlefield 3 is better than Call of Duty in every way