Epson Japan has announced today the Moverio BT-100, which is a head mounted VR display. What sets the Moverio BT-100 apart from its competition is that it features transparent lenses, which not only allows you to keep watching your media but keeps you aware of your surroundings at the same time.
The BT-100 features a qHD display with a screen resolution of 960×540, which apparently appears to the viewer as a gigantic 320” display that has been positioned 20 meters away. It has been designed to fit over everyday glasses, so for those who require prescription glasses, fret not as you should be able to wear it without any problems.
It will run on Android’s Froyo 2.2 and features WiFi connectivity and a proclaimed battery life of 6 hours. It will come with 1GB of internal storage and will be bundled with a 4GB SDHC memory card, with support for a 32GB card, and will sport detachable headphones. The Moverio BT-100 is expected to go on sale in Japan some time later this month for $650.RELATED
- AT&T EverThere Launched To Offer Portable Peace Of Mind
- Blynk Wearable Time Lapse Camera
- SkyJack Drone Hacks And Gains Control Of Other Drones
- NAVIGATE Jacket Uses LEDs, Haptic Feedback To Help Direct Its Wearer
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Follow: epson, japan,
- Seen at: dvice