If you think you’re looking for an exciting way to fly, the German engineers over at e-volo have the perfect suggestion for you: an electric multicopter. In case you’re wondering what it is, it’s basically an exercise ball attached to a chair that’s surrounded by multiple mini helicopters. The passenger sits on the chair in the center of this “vehicle” and basically hopes for the best. The multicopter is controlled via radio control from someone on the ground (like an unmanned aerial vehicle).
It can’t go very fast or take you very far, but hey it’s the beginning of something new and could possibly lead to hover cars in the future. Who knows? Just as long as they remember to keep all those spinning blades hidden from view. Check out the video demonstration and see for yourself. Anybody care to take a ride in one of these machines?
Next Story: Microsoft software bug has link to Duqu virus
- 2012-12-18: Electric Bigfoot Sounds Like An Oxymoron
- 2012-05-18: Mitsubishi prepares i-MiEV Evolution electric car for “The Race to the Clouds”
- 2012-04-18: Ford unveils electric vehicle handling and storage recommendations
- 2012-02-16: Electric cigarette explodes, severely injuring man
- 2012-02-09: Tesla Model X electric SUV unveiled