Intel introduced the Ultrabook category back in May 2011 and today, HP unveiled the HP Folio, a classy, super thin (18 mm – )13.3-inch business notebook that delivers 9 hours of battery life!
The HP Folio is powered by the latest Intel Core Processor and boasts an ultra slim HD Bright View 13.3-inch display, a 128GB SSD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, and a nicely designed backlit keyboard, all crammed into a chassis that tips the scale at a mere 3.3 pounds (1.5kg).
Despite its stylish and consumer friendly design, the Folio is dedicated to business, so HP made sure to offer an optional TMP Embedded Security Chip that protects email and data, in order to appeal to any IT department.
Additional features include a large touch pad with advanced muti-touch support, HP CoolSense technology, several ports including USB 3.0 and RJ 45, HP TrueVision HD Webcam and Dolby Advanced Audio.
Folio Starting Configuration (starting price: $899.99)
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 13.3” HD LED Display
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2467M
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 (1 DIMM)
- Storage: 128GB mSATA SSD
- Battery: 6-cell LiIon 59WHr
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (BroadcomValentine) + BT
- Backlit Keyboard
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-06: Intel Sharks Cove Windows-Compatible Dev Board Not The Last
- 2014-04-02: Intel To Offer Exclusive Content On Devices Powered By Their Chips
- 2014-04-01: Intel $99 MinnowBoard Max Unveiled
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2012-06-05: Toshiba Portégé Z935 Light 13.3-inch Ultrabook
- 2012-06-05: Dell Inspiron 15R and 17R
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2012-03-07: Gigabyte U2442V and U2442N Ultrabooks - Hands-on