You may have heard that some iPhone 4S users have been complaining about their battery life as of late. There are many speculations floating around, but basically, Apple came out and said that they know about a number of bugs in iOS 5 that will affect the battery life negatively, and that a fix is coming.
“We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.” Apple has made iOS 5.0.1 available to developers for testing, so we should hear about it in the coming days.
In our own tests, we have noticed that the iPhone 4S battery life is inferior to the iPhone 4, even when both are running on iOS. This may suggest that beyond the software issues, the iPhone 4S is architecturally more power-hungry than the iPhone 4.
Do you have battery life issues with the iPhone 4S, and if so, how do you use it, and how much apps do you have running in the background? We’re curious to compile some data.
Next Story: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 New Trailer
- 2014-04-01 EneBrick Mobile Rechargeable Battery Offers Versatility
- 2014-03-25 Sick? How About Snacking On Some Batteries?
- 2014-03-24 BatteryBox Offers New Lease Of Life For Drained Devices
- 2014-01-17 HyperJuice Battery Extends MacBook Run Time By Another 53 Hours
- 2013-12-03 Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- 2011-11-28 TellMe and Siri: Fight!
- 2011-11-17 Apple: iOS 5.0.2 update in the works, iOS 5.1 major update to follow (Rumor)
- 2011-11-10 Panorama camera mode achieved sans jailbreak
- 2011-11-09 iOS 5 gets auto-correct keyboard bar as well
- 2011-11-08 iOS 5.0.1 beta now being seeded to selected users