It’s been barely over a month since Firefox was officially upgraded to version 7, and now it looks like a new update has arrived. The Release Candidate version of Firefox 8 has been made available for download today, while the official release of version 8 will be happening next Monday. In case you’re wondering; Mozilla considers the RC versions of their builds the final version, so there won’t be any changes between today’s and Monday’s release (unless some serious bugs crop up in between the two dates).
Firefox 8 brings some noticeable improvements to the popular web browser. The usual host of improvements and bug fixes, as well as Twitter search, tab tweaks, and greater restrictions for third-party addons (especially useful if you’re paranoid about addons doing things that they’re not supposed to on your browser).
If you’re keen on updating your browser before anybody else, head over to Mozilla’s website now to grab Firefox 8. Do let us know what you think of the latest update in the comments below.RELATED
- Flickr Goes Down As Yahoo Struggles To Get Mail Up And Running
- Gmail To Display Email Images By Default
- Hilarious Video Pokes Fun At Google's Attempt To Force Google+ Onto Everyone
- Man Slapped With $183,000 Fine For Participating In A DDoS Attack For 1 Minute
- Microsoft Entices Gmail Users To Join Outlook.com Through New Tool
- Follow: browser, firefox, mozilla, update,
- Seen at: tomshardware