It looks like this week hasn’t been very kind to Google TV – after an announcement from Logitech about the discontinuation of the Revue, Google has received yet another blow from another Google TV partner. Sony has announced today that it will be creating its own “smart TV” platform after sales of its own Google TV-powered TV failed to meet expectations. The new TV is also said to be competing with the TV that Apple has been rumored to be working on.
Other than the announcement, there were no additional details to what Sony’s smart TV platform is going to be like or based on, but I highly doubt that Sony is going to head down the Android path. What do you think Sony’s new TV platform should have to make it stand out from the competition?
Next Story: Tesla offers futuristic car dashboard
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2013-07-01: Google Reportedly Being Criticized By Smart TV Manufacturers
- 2013-06-09: Voice Search Coming To Sony Google TV Set-Top Box
- 2013-01-04: Google TV Plans To Make A Big Return At CES With More Partners
- 2012-06-24: Sony NSZ-GS7 set-top box arriving July 22nd, sports Google TV
- 2012-04-03: Sony to Launch Google TV Set-Top-Boxes in September