Interested in watching 3D content without having to invest in an expensive 3D display set up? Well the folks over at Vuzix Corporation have got a surprise in store for you. The company has announced that it will be selling its award-winning Wrap 920 Video Eyewear for $50-off on Cyber Monday next week. In time for the holiday season, these video glasses will make those long flights to holiday destinations more enjoyable than the provided in-flight entertainment.
Folks can connect their computers, phones and other devices to their Vuzix Wrap to immerse themselves completely in a world of 3D video without being distracted or interrupted by the environment they’re in. The sunglass-style eyewear features a virtual 67″ screen as seen from 10 feet and displays both 2D and 3D content.
There is no need for extra equipment i.e. a special graphics card, and content can even be streamed live from YouTube 3D (though that might be a bit hard to do on a plane without WiFi). The glasses are powered by two AA batteries and only last for 4 hours, so remember to bring extra batteries for long flights.
The Vuzix Wrap 920 will be available on Cyber Monday, November 28th at Vuzix.com for $249.99.
- 2013-12-10: Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- 2013-09-30: NTT docomo’s Vuzix M100 Hands-On
- 2013-09-26: Vuzix And NTT DoCoMo Will Feature M100 Smart Glasses At CEATEC 2013
- 2013-06-03: Metaio And Vuzix Showcases AR-Ready Smart Glasses
- 2013-02-12: Vuzix WRAP 1200AR Eyewear Released