The Xbox Kinect has been getting quite a lot of buzz lately, with its recent first birthday, the whole “Kinect Effect” and upcoming launch of the Kinect for Windows commercial program. Now it looks like Microsoft might have a new Kinect-related product in the works called the Kinect Accelerator. The folks over at Fusible reported that on November 9th, Microsoft registered two domain names: XboxKinectAccelerator.com and XboxKinectAccelerator.net.
Since Microsoft hasn’t made any official announcements and the “Kinect Accelerator” has never been mentioned by the company before in the past, we’ve got no idea what it could be. Speculations have put it as something similar to the Microsoft Research Accelerator which is used by programmers to help accelerate code execution. Other possibilities include an accessory or device for the Kinect, or perhaps even a startup camp to get developers up to speed on Kinect programming.
Or the domain name registrations could be nothing as well. We’ll just have to wait and see. What do you think the Kinect Accelerator is going to be?RELATED
- The Walking Dead Game Season 2 Trailer Focuses On Clementine's Survival
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Microsoft Xbox Rumored For China Launch In September 2014
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Follow: kinect, Microsoft, xbox 360,
- Seen at: fusible