The Xbox Kinect has been getting quite a lot of buzz lately, with its recent first birthday, the whole “Kinect Effect” and upcoming launch of the Kinect for Windows commercial program. Now it looks like Microsoft might have a new Kinect-related product in the works called the Kinect Accelerator. The folks over at Fusible reported that on November 9th, Microsoft registered two domain names: XboxKinectAccelerator.com and XboxKinectAccelerator.net.
Since Microsoft hasn’t made any official announcements and the “Kinect Accelerator” has never been mentioned by the company before in the past, we’ve got no idea what it could be. Speculations have put it as something similar to the Microsoft Research Accelerator which is used by programmers to help accelerate code execution. Other possibilities include an accessory or device for the Kinect, or perhaps even a startup camp to get developers up to speed on Kinect programming.
Or the domain name registrations could be nothing as well. We’ll just have to wait and see. What do you think the Kinect Accelerator is going to be?
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S2 goes pink in Korea
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2013-06-28: Doodle Jump For Kinect Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-29: Microsoft Kinect Hacked To Become A 'BoobTracker'
- 2013-02-12: Xbox 360 Sales Soar Past 76 Million Units; Kinect Sales Hit 24 Million
- 2013-02-07: Report: Xbox 720 To Feature Siri-Like Voice Control
- 2012-07-17: NASA and Microsoft release Mars Rover Landing game