If you’re shopping for an auxiliary display, Century has unveiled their new Plus One auxiliary display, the LCD-8000DA that is scheduled for a launch in Japan come 9th of December, although no word from the company if they have plans for a launch in the US market or anywhere else around the world for that matter.
The LCD-8000DA is an 8” XGA display with a resolution of 1024×768 that will allow for both DVI and RCA connectivity. The display will be powered by USB and will feature a mono speaker which sounds kind of bad, but we expect that this auxiliary display will be paired with either home theater PCs or set top boxes with a much better sound system to begin with.
It will also feature a retractable tilt stand and will offer a 700:1 contrast ratio with a 300cd/m2 brightness and a 18-28ms response time. Unfortunately no word on pricing at this time. For more information you can head on down to Century’s website, assuming of course you can read Japanese.
- 2013-03-25: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rumored To Have Unbreakable Display
- 2013-02-12: Vuzix WRAP 1200AR Eyewear Released
- 2012-10-29: AU Optronics reveals 4.46" HD display with 1mm border
- 2011-12-05: Century unveils LCD-8000DA auxiliary display
- 2011-11-23: Apple television expected mid-2012, Sharp to supply display panels
- 2011-11-21: LG and Samsung could debut 55" OLED displays next year
- 2011-10-14: Monolith iPhone 4 case with built-in projector
- 2011-08-23: Century APRI photo printer for iOS, Android devices
- 2010-06-30: Century LCD-10000U 10.1-inch USB Monitor
- 2010-06-30: Century offers the Tribe USB 3.0 portable drive dock