While official support for the original Motorola DROID ended a long time ago, the folks over at XDA-developers still refuse to let the phone die and for a good reason too. After working hard on it, a developer has managed to successfully create a working Ice Cream Sandwich custom ROM for the Motorola DROID. While it is a “pre-pre-alpha” build, which means you won’t be able to use it as a daily phone, it shows that it is possible to get Ice Cream Sandwich up and running on the device.
There’s no mention of what isn’t working but from the video we can see that the camera isn’t functional right now. However, the operating system looks like it’s running pretty smoothly on the 2-year-old phone. A pretty impressive feat if you ask me. Check out the video demonstration for yourself, or head over to XDA-Developers for links to the custom ROM.
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Android, droid, ice cream sandwich, Motorola, xda developers,
- Seen at: talkandroid