If you were to disregard all that “fake” phones coming out of China in the form of iPhone clones and what not, you would realize that there are reputable Chinese companies producing some pretty high-end products, taking for example the Meizu MX, the Xiaomi phone and the Leonard DiCaprio endorsed Oppo Find X903. It was a pretty solid device when it first launched and fans of the phone will be pleased to know that a successor in currently in the works.
The upcoming phone by Oppo is known internally as the not-very-imaginative Find 2. As you can see in the rendering above, it looks like Oppo has decided to lose the slideout keyboard in favor of a 4” touchscreen display and reportedly even reduced its thickness to 9.3mm.
While the specs have yet to be confirmed, rumor has it that the Find 2 will run on Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU with 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, 1MP front-facing camera, a whopping 10MP rear-facing camera and could possibly run on Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0. No word on when it will launch or how much it will cost, but given how its specs are somewhere around the Meizu MX’s range, we expect it to cost around the 2,999 Yuan mark.
Next Story: Battlefield 2143 hinted in Battlefield 3
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-08: China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2014-04-07: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Going For $499 Apiece
- 2014-04-01: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Comes With Goodies
- 2014-03-30: Oppo Find 7a International Pre-Orders Begin April 7th
- 2014-03-23: Oppo Find 7a Outscores Find 7 On Benchmark Graphics Test
- 2011-08-16: Oppo X903 Android smartphone looks sleek