We reported before the weekend on a rendering of a device that turned out to be a concept design of what the designer would like the Samsung Galaxy S III to look like, but thanks to a report from ETNews in Korea, rumor has it that Samsung may very well be announcing the Galaxy S III at MWC 2012 and that a Galaxy S 3D is reportedly in the making.
Of course none of this can be confirmed, but given the success of the original Samsung Galaxy S, and the larger success that followed the Samsung Galaxy S2, it’s not a huge stretch of the imagination to think that Samsung wouldn’t follow up to the Galaxy S2 with a Galaxy S III (or whatever the successor will be named), and if we’re talking about yearly refreshes, a 2012 release of the Galaxy S III would not be out of character for the South Korean company.
According to the rumors, the Galaxy S III will feature a HD Super AMOLED Plus display, LTE connectivity, Android 4.0 on board and supposedly will run on Samsung’s own Exynos quad-core processors which will put them in competition with HTC’s rumored quad-core devices. As far as the Samsung Galaxy S 3D is concerned, based on ETNews’ reports, it appears to be your typical 3D smartphone (think HTC EVO 3D or the LG Optimus 3D) that will feature 3D displays along with 3D photographs and 3D videography.
Needless to say that you should probably take all of this with a grain of salt for now, especially since Samsung will probably neither confirm nor deny these rumors until they plan to, but since MWC 2012 is only a couple of months to go, we guess we don’t mind waiting to see if these rumors play out.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March