Yes, we still haven’t got an official release date for the Galaxy Nexus from Verizon, but now we’ve even got more clues about the phone’s imminent arrival. Our first clue comes from Verizon’s latest press release. Today marks the first year anniversary of its LTE network (wow, it’s already been a year) and in the press release detailing the service, Verizon mentions “Two hot new Xyboard DROID tablets from Motorola coming out this month” and “One anxiously awayited GALAXY Nexus smartphone running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, from Samsung, coming soon”.
Sure, the “coming soon” could mean anything but there’s a high chance that we’ll see the phone arriving in stores sometime this week. Another clue to support that fact? The phone has started arriving in Verizon outlets around the country, according to a post on XDA-developers (thread seems to have been removed). We get to see multiple photographs of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon spotted in its red and white box packaging.
We’ve had previous rumors of the latest Nexus going on sale 12/9/11 – this Friday, and these latest clues seem to corroborate with the date. What do you think?
Next Story: iPhone 4S + Monster Accessory Pack Giveaway
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2011-12-13: Verizon Galaxy Nexus with extended battery caught on video
- 2011-12-09: Galaxy Nexus already in stores but not for sale
- 2011-12-06: Verizon Galaxy Nexus confirmed for December 9th?
- 2011-12-05: Verizon Galaxy Nexus on display in New York City
- 2011-12-01: Verizon Galaxy Nexus press shots leaked