When you mention Apple TV, most people would think of the tiny little square box in the living room, which is probably gathering dust somewhere as well. Rumors have a strange way of skewing our perception, and perhaps the same has happened to the latest round of rumors concerning the Apple TV. In fact, it is whispered that Cupertino’s next attempt at this TV set would be a big-screen affair, with 50″ being bandied about, while others are quite certain to swear on their mother’s grave that a set larger than 40″ is a certainty.
Connected TVs are definitely gaining traction among the masses, and it would be interesting to see just what kind of tech CES 2012 delivers next week. Will Apple plunge headlong into the race? Only time will tell, but an unnamed source who did work at Apple before let it slip to USA Today that “Apple is said to be looking at a 42-inch or larger LCD TV with built-in Wi-Fi,” while Jony Ive of Apple did mention that he has “a slick 50-inch TV” in the company’s design studio.
Next Story: Paws doggie-cam aid search and rescue efforts
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch