Between the LG Optimus 3D and the HTC EVO 3D, many have already stepped forward to say the former is superior to the latter, and even when talking to an unnamed HTC executive, he quietly pulled me over to the side and agreed, saying that he too, would choose the LG Optimus 3D. Still, those who own the HTC EVO 3D need not be disheartened – it is not that this is a bad phone per se, but just that its rival is better. Well, at least HTC has rolled out a new software update version 2.17.651.5 to all HTC EVO 3D owners over at Sprint that will improve the relatively poor battery life of the smartphone amongst other changes.
You will be able to retrieve the update manually by going to Menu > Settings > System updates > HTC software update > Check now. Of course, not everyone will receive this update at once, since they are sent in batches. You know the saying – if at first you don’t succeed, try again. All EVO 3D phones should be receiving automated messages that inform you of this update from January 17th onwards.
Next Story: Audi Connect System
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2011-09-12 Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha build hits the HTC EVO 3D
- 2011-08-30 Purple HTC EVO 3D headed to Best Buy
- 2011-07-14 OtterBox offers protection for the HTC EVO 3D in three guises
- 2011-06-30 HTC EVO 4G update fixes Netflix, other issues crop up
- 2011-06-30 HTC EVO 3D with GSM bands arrive at the FCC