CES 2012 saw Huawei announce two new smartphones – the Ascend P1 and P1 S, and it seems like there could very well be another Ascend model which went unannounced in Las Vegas, according to this leaked image that you see on the right. There is no official confirmation on the existence of such a handset just yet, but if all rumors on the ground were to be true, this leaked image depicts an LTE capable version of the Ascend P1, with a design that differs sligthly from the Ascend P1 to boot. Those who have an eye for detail will point out that this newly revealed device will feature rounded corners, compared to the squared corners of the Ascend P1.
Should this LTE capable model hit the market, it will come with 4G LTE 2600/1800/800 MHz, 3G W-CDMA 2100/900 MHz, 2G GSM 1900/1800/900/850 MHz, a 4.3″ qHD touchscreen display, a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 processor, 1GB ROM, 4GB of internal memory that can be further augmented by a microSD memory card slot, a rather beefy 2,000 mAh battery, a 1.3-megapixel front facing camera, an 8-megapixel rear facing camera and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as the operating system of choice. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0. We do look forward to an official announcement of such a device.
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2012-03-02: Huawei LTE devices to see action in Europe and Asia by July 2012
- 2010-02-19: Huawei E398 triple-mode modem
- 2010-10-05: AT&T Introduces Its First LTE And HSPA+ LaptopConnect Devices