Before the weekend, we reported that an untethered jailbreak for Apple’s iPhone 4S was close to being ready. How close you ask? Well, it seems that Pod2g, the person behind this jailbreak, has posted on his blog today a video of Dustin Howett, a Chronic Dev Team member, demonstrating what appears to be an untethered jailbreak on the iPhone 4S. This is probably great news for iPhone 4S owners who might have been envious of their iPhone 4/3GS friends who are already running on untethered jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 devices.
For those unfamiliar, the difference between a tethered jailbreak and untethered jailbreak is that the tethered jailbreak would require the user to connect their iPhone to the computer whenever they turn on/off their phones. Naturally this is highly inconvenient especially for those who are not around their computers for the most part of their day, thus making an untethered jailbreak a more attractive option. Still no word when the jailbreak will be released, but if the video is anything to go by, it should be pretty soon.
Next Story: Zappos hacked: 24 million accounts compromised
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08: Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23: Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2013-06-20: Apple Sued Over Call Forwarding Patent By Texas Company
- 2013-02-07: FullForce Jailbreak Tweak Stretches Out iPhone 4/4S Apps For The iPhone 5
- 2012-01-24: Absinthe A5 untethered jailbreak nearly touches 1 million in 3 days
- 2012-01-20: Absinthe jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 released (updated)
- 2012-01-12: Untethered iPhone 4S jailbreak coming soon
- 2011-10-28: iPhone 4S has been jailbroken