[CES 2012] Magellan is known for their GPS devices, and one of their latest offerings would be the RoadMate 5190T. Just what makes the RoadMate 5190T different, or at least, improved from the rest so that you can ditch your current dedicated GPS unit? Well, it was specially designed with commercial drivers in mind, so those who are part of the local truckers community, or magnates who own a fleet of trucks, buses or taxis, might be interested to check out this particular device. Sporting a generous 5” color transmissive display, it is a snap to read whether under dark or bright conditions, with no detail on the map escaping your sight.You will be able to take advantage of customized routing (for commercial vehicles) by setting up a vehicle profile and calculating the routes based on height, weight, width, length and HAZMAT restrictions. This enables drivers or shipping departments to plan multiple-stop trips, or have the unit do their work for them in order to be more efficient in their work, saving time and money in the process. Other features include Highway Lane Assist, Magellan’s exclusive OneTouch user interface, a useful information dashboard that informs drivers of the direction, elevation, and truck speed limits.
Not only that, with Smart Detour, you can have instant detour options should traffic start to choke up, whether it is in 2D or 3D viewing (at your own discretion). Built-in Bluetooth connectivity lets you use the unit as a hands-free speakerphone. All of that for $379.99? Sounds like a bargain, no?
Next Story: Xbox 720 could also function as a DVR?
- 2014-04-14 Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08 Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27 Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06 HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2013-10-03 Pack Your Hunting Gear: Magellan eXplorist 350H GPS Arrives At The US
- 2012-07-30 Magellan eXplorist TOPO! Special Editions for hikers announced
- 2012-06-20 Magellan announces partnership with Effigis to add OnPOZ software to its eXplorist Pro 10 GPS
- 2012-05-07 Magellan RoadMate portable automobile navigation range announced
- 2012-01-09 Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS